We’ve taken this month to think about National Women’s Month. Inspired by all types of women – mothers, business owners, daughters, artists, grandmothers, U.S. veterans, wives, yogis – we are proud to help nurture healthier lives so all those stories can continue to grow.
At Purium, we don’t like to think we just sell health and wellness products. Instead, we are see ourselves as extending health, happiness, and hope for a brighter, more nutritional tomorrow.
We’d like to invite you to share that same principle in your own life.
What can you do to help share the gift of health with your loved ones? We know– it’s a loaded question. Let’s talk a little bit more about it.
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
As cliche as it sounds, health is the gift that keeps on giving. In fact, Psychology Today suggests that gift-giving stimulates our “Happiness Trifecta.”
What the heck is that?
Well, it’s the holy trinity of brain chemicals that help activate happiness. So, what are the three chemicals? You probably already know them:
So, gifting makes you feel good. Which is a good thing to spread! Associating health with goodness is sure to start a happy domino effect of goodness.
Here are some ways to give the gift of health:
Lets be real. Everyone can use a little accountability when it comes to making healthy commitments.
One of the BEST things you can do to help someone make the right choices in terms of nutrition and fitness, is doing it with them!
- Plan a cleanse, and ask them to join you!
- Invite them to take a fitness class with you!
- Schedule a weekly walk with a few friends at a park or around the neighborhood!
If it’s fun, social and rewarding than everyone is more willing to stay committed to it! Plus, who knows how many friends will want to join this healthy habit!?
Mental Health Support
Mental health is uber important, yet it’s one of the easiest parts of health to leave in the dust. So, how exactly do you give “mental health?”
Well, you don’t. But you can give support. What are some ways to do this?
- Extend your time: Offer up a space for someone to talk to you, if need be.
- Plan a night away: Buy someone a movie ticket and or gift card to a restaurant — a night away for them to recover.
- Be sincere, kind and nonjudgemental: For those who experience mental health issues, it can feel embarrassing or isolating. Don’t pretend like everything is okay, but listen with an open heart and mind.
- Craft an affirmation jar: Maybe this is a little too Lifetime movie for some, but for others, they’ll love the opportunity to seek a little light on a dark day.
- Suggest holistic alternatives: Accupunture and other wellness services have become so mainstream that many insurance companies offer plans that cover those costs.
- Offer nutritional info: We truly are what we eat which is why we are so passionate about making natural products like CBD and alkalizing, gut-cleansing supplements to help balance moods.
Mental health is abstract, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not real or important to overall health. One way to support someone’s health is to support their mental health.
Nutritional know-how is an asset in today’s world. People look to nutritionists and naturopaths for guidance on how and what to eat.
Don’t be afraid to gift health through the knowledge of others, like books and videos.
Here are some easy ideas:
- Send someone a video, inspired by a health issue they have discussed with you. For example. say your friend discussed how worried she is about Monsato and Glyphosate or GMO’s, you might send her a video on Biome Medic and the glyphosate scare.
- Gift a book. If your loved one is extensively interested in a particular health topic, a book might be great. With the above example, you could think of getting your friend Dave Sandovals book The Toxin that Came to Dinner.
- Drop a blog link. Even just sending a blog link with helpful information could be seen as gifting knowledge. Just say, “I was thinking of you while reading this. Maybe this info might help?”
Knowledge truly is power. Igniting a passion for health, even with just a blog, can help people get on the track of seeking better nutrition in the long run.
Gifting with Purium
Feel free to use iShopPurium to help spread the gift of health. We have tons of stuff to help nudge your loved ones into a healthier and happier life.