Feeling the urge to run to your local café for a morning pick-me-up? Now there’s a tasty, healthier option right in your kitchen!
Coffee Shop Woes
Did you know: the coffee shop titan, Starbucks, serves over 60 million customers a week?! That’s a lot of lattes.
Why do people head to these shops and pay for an overpriced drink? Well, we live in a busy world and oftentimes, we are undernourished. This means:
- We wake up feeling tired
- We feel burnt out by mid afternoon
- We feel even more exhausted by the end of the day
- We repeat the process daily
To combat the Standard American Diet (SAD), we seek out ways to provide us quick spurts of energy and happiness: caffeine and sugar! These are staples in most SAD lifestyles, and coffee shops meet that need of sweet and energizing drinks for a pick-me-up after a long day.
But there’s a problem…
Each little coffee run may only be about $5, BUT going every day can really run up the bill! ,
Plus, the sugar, artificial ingredients, and empty calories can send you straight to a midday nap!
A New Way to Enjoy
Purium’s Coffee Shop Protein Line is the new, healthy, and clean way for you to get your café fix without added sugars or caffeine crash!
Our Coffee Shop Protein Line is packed with pure and premium ingredients that fuel your body throughout the day. These delicious protein flavors can be enjoyed at any time of day as a complement to a meal or like a tasty cup of joe.
Indulge in your favorite coffee shop staples: Chai, Coffee, and Matcha! Perfectly enjoyed hot or iced!
Our Coffee Shop Proteins contain two power-house protein ingredients that help you feel satiated and provide lasting energy.
Organic Pea Protein
Pea protein is one of the world’s most popular vegan protein sources and for good reason. This source contains 9 essential amino acids needed to build muscle. What’s more, studies show pea protein can support weight loss and keep you satiated longer. Read our Pea Protein deep dive here to learn more.
Organic Rice Protein
Published in the reference book Sustainable Protein Choices, rice is touted as a great protein source for its hypoallergenic ability; it can be used by those who may have allergies to other plant based protein sources, such as a legume allergy. Rice contains essential amino acids and fiber- that supports your body’s digestion- making it perfect for those who tend to feel a little queasy after downing other types of protein drinks.
Do you love matcha? Our matcha flavored protein contains matcha green tea, which also provides approximately 70g of naturally occurring caffeine.
Pure & Premium Ingredients: Organic Rice Protein, Organic Pea Protein, Organic Matcha Green Tea, Organic Lemon Juice Powder, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Lu Han Guo, Organic Honey Latte Flavor
Our Chai flavored protein features premium Bourbon Vanilla for an irresistible, decadent taste.
Pure and Premium Ingredients: Organic Rice Protein, Organic Pea Protein, Organic Bourbon Vanilla Powder, Organic Vanilla Chai Flavor, Organic Cinnamon Powder, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Lu Han Guo, Organic Brown Sugar Maple Flavor
We know what you may be thinking… COFFEE? Yes! Our coffee flavored protein takes your tastebuds straight to the coffee shop with its robust flavor. Each 28 mg serving contains about 25 mg of naturally occurring caffeine.
Pure and Premium Ingredients: Organic Pea Protein, Organic Rice Protein, Organic Coffee Flavor, Organic Bourbon Vanilla Powder, Organic Cinnamon Powder, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Luo Han Guo Extract, Organic Green Coffee Bean Extract
Our Coffee Shop proteins are great for baking, smoothies, lattes, and more!
Matcha Protein Pancakes
Start your day off right with delicious matcha pancakes. (Recipe adapted from Natalie’s Health)
What You Need:
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 egg OR vegan egg replacement
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients into a batter. Start with wet ingredients first.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes, as it contains oats.
- Heat up your pan and add coconut oil for cooking.
- Measure about ¼ cup of batter in a measuring cup and pour in the pan.
- Cook both sides of the pancake for about 1 to 2 minutes.
CHAI PROTEIN RECIPES
CHAI PROTEIN COOKIES
Enjoy fresh baked cookies with the comfort of Chai Protein! Recipe from Legally Healthy Blonde, with adjustment for Purium Chai Latte.
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup of Vegan Butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup of organic brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon organic white sugar (or substitute)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ tablespoon of non-dairy milk
- ¾ All Purpose Flour (we used gluten free, but you can use what you want!)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-2 servings (4 tablespoons) of Chai Tea Protein (to taste)
- Combine softened vegan butter with the sugars.
- Once combined, mix in the milk.
- Now, add the flour, baking powder, and chai protein.
- Once combined, scoop out cookies in the preferred method (by hand, with a spoon, or with another scoop). We wanted smaller bite sizes so we used smaller round scoops.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees depending on size of cookies. (The longer you leave the cookies in, the harder they will be. Don’t leave them too long of course!)
- Sprinkle extra chai protein on top!
Coffee Protein Recipes
Coffee Protein Energy Bites
When you see a recipe on Instagram, sometimes you just have to try it! Check out these energy bites featuring bakes oats, with an adjusted recipe from Further Foods.
What You Need:
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 1 serving of Purium Coffee Protein ( 3 ½ tablespoons)
- ½ banana
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips (to taste)
What to Do:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. You can stir together or blend.
- You can: 1) Place in a small bowl size tray for a brownie like size. OR Measure out small scoops for multiple servings.
- Bake for 20 min for 375.