Raise your hand if oranges come to mind when you hear the phrase “vitamin C.” 🙋🙋
Growing up, we are taught that orange juice is the “go-to” solution for vitamin C. But did you know there are other whole foods that are just as nutrient-rich (if not more so)?!
In fact, that is where our product formulator, Dave Sandoval, began his journey to create Purium’s powerful C From Nature! Learn more about the whole foods that make up this superfood and C the difference compared to other products available on the market.
What Is It?
C From Nature is a powerful source of natural vitamin C. It is made from whole foods that can help support the immune system and balance cholesterol. This product is specially formulated for the rapid absorption of valuable nutrients.
How Does It Work + Why Do We Make It?
Out on the seas, sailors once used vitamin C-rich citrus fruits to help treat scurvy. While most of us land lovers have these satiable vitamin C foods at our disposal, some are still lacking this vitamin in their diets. Purium recognized this lack of true vitamin C in the market and created C From Nature.
Most vitamin C supplements on the market today do not actually contain pure vitamin C. Instead, they contain a synthetic antioxidant referred to as “ascorbic acid.” If you have an over-the-counter vitamin C in your medicine cabinet, this may very well be in the ingredient listings!
We’ll give you time to check 👀
While this acid is used by the vitamin complex to help resist oxidation, it does not contain the same properties. Plus, most marketplace ascorbic acid is sourced from genetically modified corn.
What’s In it?
Purium’s C From Nature contains a plethora of powerhouse superfoods loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C content:
- Amla – Also known as the amaki berry or Indian gooseberry, this plum-like fruit contains one of the most bioavailable sources of naturally occurring vitamin C.
- Acerola Cherry – These cherries are a rich source of natural vitamin C, native to the Caribbean, Southern America, and cultivated in India.
- Camu Camu – This Amazonian fruit contains more vitamin C per gram than an orange. With minerals like copper and manganese and essential amino acids like valine and leucine, these antiviral fruits are said to support eyesight and clear and healthy skin.
- Rosehips – When petals fall off a rose, the hips remain. The hips exist just under the petals and contain the seeds of the rose plant. Used in herbal remedies, they are a rich source of vitamin C among other vitamins and bioflavonoids.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids – These plant pigments give many flowers and citrus fruits (such as grapefruit, lemon, orange, and tangerine) their vibrant colors. Also known as flavonoids, they can help the body effectively utilize vitamin C by supporting blood flow and swelling.
You might think vitamin C is only great to help your immune function, but did you know there are more benefits?
Vitamin C supports:
- Healthy immune function
- Healthy cholesterol levels
- Cardiovascular function
- Balanced serotonin levels
- Collagen production
Hear from our community:
Want to learn more?
Check out the Product Fact Sheet.