School will be out in no time and some kids may just want to sit in front of a screen and relax after a long school year. While a small dose of TV, computer or phone isn’t the worst thing in the world, it’s important to encourage our tech-savvy youth to get outside and stay active as much as possible! Below are 6 activities to keep your kids cool and busy during the Summer months.
- Swimming- Water is a pretty incredible element because it physically activates as well as calms the body. Swimming at the local pool, a friend’s house or your own backyard keeps kids happily occupied. Plus, it also tires them out so bedtime isn’t a battle!
- Museums- Sometimes it’s just too hot to be outside. Take the kids to a museum instead! Today, science museums, art museums, history museums and cultural museums provide lots of free activities for kids that are sure to engage and educate both you and your little.
- Playdates- Set up playdates with your kids’ friends. Host a picnic at a park, meet at roller rink or invite them over for a sprinkler-run in your backyard. Socializing is not only important for your kids, but for you as a parent as well. Who knows, maybe you can make a new friend too!
- Sports- Indoor sport activities are a great way to keep your kids out of the sun, but still sweating. Batting cages, dance studios, karate classes or gymnastic gyms are a few ideas for indoor fun that also provide a little break from parenting.
- Theme Parks- These can be pricey but they sure do fill up a full day with fun for everyone involved!
- Day Camps- We know that parents are busy too and may not have a lot of time over the Summer to play with their kids all day. There are several day camps themed with things like sports, crafts, games, science, technology or theater for any kind of kid. Some are even free!