It’s time for some good ol’ spring cleaning! Don’t worry, you can leave the mop behind (for now). We’re talking about internal cleansing of the body.
Okay, so that might actually freak you out just as much, but trust us, there’s no need to worry.
Whether your health commitments are part of your daily routine or not, this season has a way of inspiring a deep clean. A spring reset could be just what you need. But that will look different from person to person.
Some things you meet be looking to work on include:
- fighting off infection
- alkalizing and cleansing the body of toxins and metals
- fine-tuning your gut health
- taking a vacation from junk food
- kick-starting (or revamping) your weight loss/workout regimen
We’re going to outline just a few ways to do this with Purium products.
Kick the Candida
Dealing with constant infection and digestive issues?
You could be suffering from Candida overgrowth. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approximated that there are approximately 46,000 cases per year. That does not take into account those who don’t even they have it. Hey, no judgements -we’ve been there before.
So, what exactly is it?
We explain more here, but we’ll outline some key points here. Candida is a naturally-occurring yeast fungus, which helps the body absorb nutrients. You might be surprised to hear that its presence isn’t actually a problem. In fact, you can find small amounts in the body, like in the mouth and intestines.
However, excess amounts bring trouble. An overgrowth of the fungus, called candidiasis, can cause uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- recurring infections, such urinary tract infections, thrush or even sinus pain
- digestive issues (like constipation)
Lifestyle plays a huge factor. These are possible causes for overgrowth:
- Bad eating habits (a lot of sugar and carbs)
- Heavy antibiotic-use
- High stress (and poor management)
- Compromised immune system
How Can Purium Help?
Besides specific medications, overgrowth can be managed with a whole food diet. We list what foods that might include here.
Nutrient-rich foods can help fight infection. For example, the fermented kombucha is probiotic-rich and aloe vera helps protect the immune system.
We created our Candida Reduction Pack based on the basics of this effective diet. These products may help you find some relief.
- Vir-U-Sure: Sea algae and trace enzymes help fight off virus infections.
- Biome Medic: Pre- and probiotics help fill gut with “good” pre- and probiotics.
- Kamut Blend: Oat grass, alfalfa and organic Kamut help support immune function with green veggie-nutrients.
- Tropic Oil: Coconut oil contains a a natural source of lauric acid, which has specifically been found to help fight yeast overgrowth.
Alkalize & Flush Out the Heavy Metals
We’re not talking the about the polarizing music genre. Heavy metals can be found in food and drinks. We have to admit, this is something that is hardly talked about.
Spring is the perfect time to flush out these toxins and alkalize the body with greens.
Dr. Axe reports that these metals could enter through the body through:
- eating farmed fish
- drinking unclean water
- using particular household products
- receiving metal dental fillings
And what’s worse? Well, heavy-metal poisoning could be the culprit behind bothersome symptoms. This includes:
- skin issues
- mood or mental health issues
- chronic pains
- brain fog
- digestive troubles
What Can You Do?
One easy thing you can do at home is switching up your diet. A cleanse could help detox the body. And what would you need to consume?
Surprise, surprise, whole foods are key! In particular, it’s very important to incorporate leafy green veggies.
These veggies help support immune function and alkalinity. Why is alkalinity important? Well, we talk about that here.
But here’s the gist: a more acidic body is more prone to illness.Eating an alkaline diet can actually help purge toxins from the body.
Some foods you’ll want to eat more of include:
- flax and chia seeds
We encourage you stay away from non-organic foods when you are eating a metal-cleansing diet. You’ll also want to avoid foods with additives. Take special consideration when buying foods that are on Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen list. The foods on this possibly contain high amounts of pesticide, notably when you don’t buy organic.
And how can Purium help? We supply a plethora of green blends that can help detox while supporting strong immune function.
Some of these products include:
- Green Spectrum: a blend of leafy greens, perfect for daily use
- More Greens: greens and probiotics
- Cracked Cell Chlorella: sea algae that helps the immune system and cleanses toxins
Work Out Those Gut Issues
If digestion and stomach problems have plagued you, spring is the perfect time to get things sorted out. Use the time to figure out just what you is causing your tummy isses.
- Do I always feel bloated?
- Do I deal with constant digestive issues?
- Do my symptoms improve when I stay away from certain foods?
- Do I just need help being “regular?”
From there, you can devise your plan.
What Can We Help?
We offer plenty of gut-aiding products. Here’s just a few and how they can play a role in your daily life.
- Enzyme Advantage: Digestive enzymes can help you digest certain trigger foods, so you deal with less issues later on.
- Aloe Digest: Aloe vera and probiotics are great to relief some tension on one of those days. Daily consumption can be a total game-changer.
- Biome Medic: Speaking of game-changers, this pre- and probiotic helps clear out the bad bugs from your stomach, while fostering the perfect enviornment for the good ones. Biome Medic contains enzymes and probiotics, so you need not take another product with it. (But you totally can if you want!)
- Advanced Probiotic Blend: If you’re looking for a daily probiotic minus the enzymes, this would be just for you. This blend contains probiotic strains that not only help the stomach, but can help promote health in other parts of the body (like your mouth).
And if you need to make a total 180, we have your covered there too.
Spring Into Action with a Personalized Health Plan
Spring is the perfect time to re-tackle your health goals. If you failed your New Year’s Resolution earlier this year, why not use this time to jump back in?
Need to cut down down on sugar?
Need to tailor your nutrition so you could results of putting in major time at the gym?
Need some supplements that can help support your newly healthy lifestyle?
At the end of the day, you should listen to your body. We are fans of working on better habits 365 days a year. But if you need some motivation, a “spring-cleaning” mindset can jump-start your actions.
Happy spring cleaning! If you sweep the dirt under the bed, we promise we won’t tell.
More Sources and Helpful Links: