Wow, time sure flies when you’re protecting the health of the planet 😉. In 2019, we announced our mission to go plastic-free in 2021. We just wanted to take the time to give you a progress update on all the amazing things that have occurred since then.
Here’s what you will find in this blog:
- Reducing YourCarbon FoodPrint Video by Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval
- A History and Look at the Future for our Plastic-Free Packaging Mission
- Purium kitchen essentials to store your superfood product
- Tips for How to Store Your Terra Pouch
Watch FoodPrint Video
Be sure to share this video with your friends to spread the Purium mission of helping reduce the world’s carbon FOODprint and footprint.
What We Have Accomplished Together
Since we have started this initiative, we have saved over 75,000 pounds of plastic going into landfills and that number will only continue to grow! With your help, we have taken company-wide initiatives that have lowered our carbon footprint. Here’s how:
- Added an eco-friendly version of our best selling pack: Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation, with less plastic packaging including a FREE silicone bag to conveniently store your superfoods!
- Eliminated plastic scoops from our product packaging including Power Shake and Can’t Beet This.
- Transitioned our top-selling products powders from plastic tubs to composable Zipper Terra Pouches. This closure is designed to seal beautifully at lower temperature ranges than many commonly used materials. Your favorite products available in our zipper Terra Pouches include:
- Discontinued our plastic Power Shake tubs from all packs.
- Transitioned our top-selling capsule products from plastic bottles to composable craft pouches.
- Discontinued our plastic shaker bottles in favor of Stainless Steel Shake Bottles. These help you commit to sustainability, lower your carbon footprint, and let you to shake up your favorite Purium superfoods on the go without the plastic!
- Eliminated using plastic utensils in our corporate offices when possible. Every employee is encouraged to be more mindful of our carbon footprints, opting for environmentally-sustainable alternatives.
How Can You Help?
As amazing as the 75,000 pounds of plastic we have saved is, we are eager to continue to see that number grow. Care to join hands with us? Here are some of the things YOU can do to help reduce your carbon footprint. Let’s save 90,000 pounds of plastic from polluting the world!
Get tips on how to store your Terra Pouch and use our kitchen essentials.
Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
Shop our food-grade, stainless steel measuring spoons; a great way to scoop and measure your favorite blend while serving the environment. The solid, elongated spoons easily reach into jars and our eco-friendly packaging. Engraved with the Purium leaf, they glisten with the perfect amount of kitchen flare.
Stainless Steel Canisters
Use our Stainless Steel Canisters to hold Terra Pouches that don’t have a zipper yet. Made from stainless steel, the container’s lid locks to keep contents fresh. Simply pour the powder into this canister, bury the Terra Pouch, and have the peace of mind of knowing that the empty package will not contribute to amassing landfills!
Reuse Plastic Tubs
Have extra Purium containers lying around? Put them to use by pouring Terra Puch products into the tub. You can also check out this blog to learn about more creative ways to reuse our plastic tubs.
Enjoy your Purium drink in style with our sturdy mason jars. Holds the proper serving amount of superfood goodness, featuring a wide mouth for easy pouring and cleaning. Repping the Purium logo, spread the green love on all your life’s adventures.
Stainless Steel Shaker Bottles
As part of our eco-restorative journey, we have discontinued our plastic shaker bottles. Now, packs that include shaker bottles will include stainless steel shaker bottles instead. Better value + better for the planet.
Commit to the Purium Lifestyle
Changing your lifestyle to a more plant-based / flexitarian diet with the Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation can help too! Learn more about how you commit to less pollution with your diet by reading this blog.
We encourage you to watch our Earth Day Zoom Recap that featured Keely Shaye Brosnan, director of Poisoning Paradise. This movie highlights the economic and agricultural turmoil that took place in Hawaii, affecting the environment and residents.
Using Our Stainless Steel Containers
This method is super simple and accents your kitchen with the sleek Purium touch of our Stainless Steel Containers.
Cut your Terra Pouch open.
Pour your Terra Pouch into your selected container.
Seal your container by using the clamps on your container. (If you have extra powder in your Terra Pouch that you want to save, use Dave’s #PuriumHack above to close.)
Using Purium Plastic Containers
If you have extra Purium containers around your kitchen and you like to repurpose plastic, this is a great option to store and seal your Terra Pouches.
(#PuriumHack – For Power Shake, MVP Sport and Super Meal LOV lovers, this is a great way to re-use your containers!)
Cut your Terra Pouch open.
Pour the powder of the Terra Pouch into your container.
As we continue to support the health of both the planet and the people who live on it, we want to set a new goal. We’re hoping to save over 90,000 pounds of plastic waste. How do we hope to get there? Here is what you can expect:
- Eventually transition out of plastic bottles and tubs for all of our products (not just popular ones)
- Continue to pioneer the movement by exploring more sustainable label and product packaging practices
- Partner with YOU to help bring about change
Looking for Products?
Want to explore our product selection? Shop here.