Football Sundays tend to derail you from your healthy lifestyle with their signature cheesy nacho plates, buffalo hot wings, and overflowing potato chip bowls. Believe it or not, it is possible to kick back and watch the big game without feeling defeated by heavy appetizers and other high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks.
Follow this list of healthy recipes by the Million Mom Movement for game day munchies that will help you and your couch mates feel victorious no matter what team wins! You can enjoy these nutritious snacks not just on game day but celebrating a ‘Sunday Funday’ with your friends or family!
- Baked Tropic Sweet Potato Fries
Swap out salty, greasy potato chips for homemade sweet potato fries! These are so healthy when baked and super easy to prepare. Pair with a side dish of your choice or eat alone for a delicious game-day snack. Don’t forget your favorite dipping sauce!
- 2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes Cut into ¼ inch by ¼ inch Matchsticks
- 3 Tbsp. Tropic Oil
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Toss the cut potatoes in a large bowl until they’re coated with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place oiled potatoes on the sheet. Bake for 15 minutes before turning potatoes to bake for another 15 minutes (if needed, turn again and bake for another 10 minutes for desired crunchiness).
2. Za’atar Seared Heirloom Cauliflower Steak
An excellent vegetarian alternative to steak tips or chicken wings, this cauliflower dish is just as tasty and comforting! It’s perfect to serve to guests on game day or a Sunday Funday!
- 1 Whole Eggplant
- 1 tsp Rice Bran Solubles
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Tropic Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Can’t Beet This!
- 1 tsp Saba
- ¼ cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ Head of Cauliflower
- Place the whole eggplant on a grill and cook until it is super tender, almost falling apart (black is good).
- Remove the stem and place in the blender with Rice Bran Solubles, olive oil, and Tropic Oil.
- Blend and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a handful of golden raisins in a pot with just enough rice vinegar to cover. Turn on high for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool together.
- After cooled, remove raisins from vinegar and mix them in a bowl with Can’t Beet This!, saba, and Tropic Oil.
- Cook cauliflower to taste and mix.
3. Healthy Sangria
Instead of reaching for another beer from the fridge or crafting a sugary cocktail to hydrate you through your Sunday, opt for this ultimate Healthy Sangria by the Million Mom Movement. Packed with Purium superfoods, this fruity drink is a powerhouse of antioxidants that is super refreshing. It can be prepared a virgin too, so the whole family can enjoy it!
- Bio Fruit
- Aloe Digest
- Can’t Beet This!
- Another Cherry
- Chilled Fruit (optional)
- Shake with ice and pour into your favorite wine glass.
- Add chilled fruit for extra flavor and enjoy!
4. Superfood Chocolate Crunch Bars
These delectable treats are perfect sweet-tooth satisfiers, without all the added sugar of store-bought baked goods! They’re 100% crowd-pleasers (even with kids)! This superfood recipe will power you through the game day; full of omega 3’s and 9’s, trace minerals, anti-oxidants, healthy proteins, greens, fiber….it’s got it all!! Make sure your ingredients are ORGANIC.
- 2 cups Chia Seeds
- 2 cups Hemp Seeds
- 1 ½ cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut Flakes
- 4 cups Brown Rice Crisps
- 5 tbsp Green Spectrum
- 1 ¾ cup Raw Honey
- ¼ cup Black Strap Molasses
- ½ cup Tropic Oil
- 1 bag Fair-trade Organic dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Tropic Oil
- 3 scoops MVP Kids Chocolate Protein
- In a large pot mix the wet ingredients on the lowest heating setting available. Stir the whole time (the goal is to get everything mixed homogeneously but we don’t want to allow the heat to get too hot). Take it off the heat as soon as it’s mixed.
- Now mix the dry ingredients into the sticky, honey mix. Stir it until it’s homogeneously coated. Think of it like making rice crispy treats.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. (You’ll likely need two cookie sheets)
- Spread your mixture out and press it into the pan. You want it to stick together as well as it can.
- For the chocolate shell, melt the chocolate chips, Tropic Oil, and MVP Kida Chocolate Protein together and spread them over the top of the bars already in the cookie sheets. You have to constantly stir on the lowest heat setting so it doesn’t burn. Spread the chocolate mixture just like you would if you were frosting something. Try to get it as even as possible.
- Get creative and add these options: Carrot Juice Plus, Bio Fruit, Extra Cacao Powder, and/or Cocoa Mint Spirulina
- Once the chocolate is spread, put the cookie sheet into the fridge or freezer to harden and then slice into bars, enjoy!
5. Coco Lentil and Quinoa Meatballs
Meatballs make the perfect appetizer and are a must for game day! These vegan meatballs are an excellent healthy option. There may be a lot of ingredients to grab but they are so worth the effort. This recipe is super versatile: you can shape the mixture to make patties or even make a meatloaf! Serve with a drizzle of Can’t Beet This Dressing to really wow your guest’s taste buds!
- 1 cups Cooked Lentils
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 tbsp Flax Egg
- ¾ cup Organic Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Organic Ground Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Organic Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Organic Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 diced cloves of Garlic
- ½ Dried Parsley
- ½ Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Tropic Oil
- 1 Tbsp Can’t Beet This! Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine lentils and quinoa. Mix ground flax seeds and 2 ½ tbsp water. Place in the fridge to set while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor until well blended. Taste and add more salt if needed. Add more bread crumbs if the mixture is too watery or add more flax egg if too dry.
- Place parchment paper on a sheet pan. Coat sheet pan with Tropic Oil. Make golf sized meatballs and place them on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15-18 min. They should be firm on the outside and moist on the inside.
- Grill some vegetables in Tropic Oil and drizzle with Can’t Beet This! Dressing.