While green drinks are a convenient way to get daily nutrients, real food is vital (if you’re not on a cleanse). for athletes and Flex Meals are entire meals made with whole foods and healthy ingredients that are excellent for Athletes or anyone striving for daily health.
When you get used to the convenience of drinking your greens, cooking can begin to feel burdensome – especially the clean-up. Simplifying and minimizing recipes, ingredients and cookware can help to create a stress-free homemade meal experience. But, let’s not forget about a very important factor: deliciousness.
One skillet meals make for easy cleaning and lots of flavor. This healthy and tasty recipe is great for families or even a date night at home that doesn’t take up your time, so you can focus on the more important things in life.
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil or ghee
- 1-pound wild salmon fillet (cut into 2-3 fillets)
- 1 bunch organic asparagus, trimmed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- zest and juice of ½ organic lemon
- 2 cups organic broth (vegetable or chicken) or water
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 ½ cups organic baby arugula
- 2 organic scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled organic feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee in a large iron skillet (or pan) and season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the salmon (skin down) and asparagus and cook for about 2-3 minutes without moving. Remove and place both on a plate, salmon skin side up. In the same skillet, add garlic and lemon zest (add a little more coconut oil or ghee if needed). Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it browns and add 2 cups of broth or water, bring to a boil and add quinoa. Cook for exactly 9 minutes before lowering the heat to medium-low and stir in chopped scallions, feta and place salmon (skin up) and asparagus on top and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Squeeze half a lemon and drizzle a little olive oil, and bon appetite!