- 1 Tbsp Purium Tropic Oil (coconut oil)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 4 cloves of organic garlic
- 3 organic carrots
- 3 ribs organic celery
- 15oz. can organic kidney beans
- 15oz. can diced organic tomatoes
- ½ tsp fresh organic basil
- 1 tsp fresh organic oregano
- ½ tsp organic smoked paprika
- 1 cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¼ lb. fresh organic spinach
- Dice the garlic and onion. Add the coconut oil, garlic, and onion to a large pot and sauté over medium-low heat until the onions are soft.
- Cut carrots and celery into bite size pieces.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot and continue to sauté until they just begin to soften.
- Rinse the quinoa with cool running water in a wire mesh sieve. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Add the quinoa, kidney beans, diced tomatoes (with juices), basil, oregano, and smoked paprika to the pot.
- Add the vegetable broth and water to the pot, place a lid on top, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Allow the pot to come to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- After simmering for 25 minutes the quinoa should be tender. If not, let simmer a few minutes longer. Stir in ¼ lb. of spinach until heated through. Taste the soup and add salt or adjust the seasonings if necessary. Serve hot.
And as a delicious side, try this healthy garlic toast recipe:
Garlic toast with Tropic Oil
1/2 cup Tropic Oil (melted)
2 cloves of fresh garlic (chopped finely)
¼ cup of Nutritional Yeast (or organic parmesan)
½ tablespoon of sea salt (or to taste)
½ teaspoon dried oregano or basil
12 slices of organic whole/sprouted grain French-style bread or rolls
Paprika (optional – for garnish)
Combine first 5 ingredients. Coat bread with mixture and then arrange on a baking sheet. (Sprinkle paprika on top of bread at this time, if desired.)
Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until toasted to your liking.