At Purium, what you find in our products is just as important as what you WON’T FIND in our products, such as GMOs and artificial ingredients. We value both YOUR health and the world’s health.
To accomplish our mission, we have partnered with organic farmers from all over the world to create a trusted, expert superfood community. Every bright color, vibrant flavor and raw nutrient comes straight from Mother Nature.
In order to maintain superior quality, Purium conducts a thorough battery of tests to ensure the purity, potency and safety of each and every ingredient. We seek to provide transparency so that you can trust that the Purium promise comes through in each and every ingredient.
What is a Certificate of Analysis?
Producing a scientific Certificate of Analysis (COA) is not a simple thing as there are a multitude of quality assurance tests that are required for the production of each Purium product. We test incoming raw materials, as well as “blends” in progress at critical control points during the manufacturing process. One final test ensures quality just prior to the product’s release. In addition to these tests, we also conduct shelf life tests to make sure your products are fresh and nutritious to the last serving, so long as they are used within our recommended dates.
Compiling all of this information in entirety for each lot number of products is not plausible as test documents and data are reviewed, processed, and filed at various stages of the manufacturing. However, we have done our best to provide the most commonly requested and relevant information on our C of A’s, including heavy metal analysis.
If you would like to see our Certificates, click the links below. These documents are typically used by a very niche audience of internal supply chain and quality personnel, with extensive training.
If you would like to learn more or develop a deeper understanding, we encourage you to read the “What to Know” Section.
Our Certificates of Analysis
This list is growing and will be completed week of May 16.
- Apothe-Cherry C of A – Click here.
- Bio Fruit C of A – Click here.
- Bio Relax: C of A – Click here.
- CBD+ C of A – Click here.
- Cocoa Mint Spirulina C of A – Click here.
- Fulvic Zeolite C of A – Click here
- Super Amino 23 – C of A – Click here
- Ionic Elements – C of A – click here
What To Know
When most people ask for Certificates of Analysis, oftentime what they are looking for is heavy metal content. It’s a valid concern – but one that is actually multi-faceted!
Did you know? Metals are actually naturally occurring and are found in the air, water, and soil.
In fact, heavy metals are impossible to avoid, especially if growing food in mineral rich soil. What we can promise is:
- Our levels are well within the The Food and Drug Administration legal limits.
- We are constantly up-leveling to organic when ingredient sources become available.
- We use plant sourced and whole foods in Purium products as opposed to synthetic vitamins or nutrients.
Because heavy metals are not possible to avoid entirely, we encourage use of products, like organic chlorella, which can act as a natural chelator. A chelator is an ingredient that supports elimination of heavy metals.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reports that metal levels depend on:
- natural geographical differences
- soil contamination
- Specific foods and their biological ability to absorb elements like minerals and metals from soil, air, and water
- manufacturing and agricultural processes (industrial contamination)
*Note: Any metals in Purium products are 100% naturally-occurring in organic soil and are not from commercial sources!
What Does Purium Test For?
Purium testing includes analysis for:
- E. coli
- Coliform bacteria
- Other microbial indicator organisms
- Heavy metal contaminants such as arsenic, lead, cadmium, and mercury.
- Pesticides and other contaminants
- Potency (if applicable)
Purium prides itself on maintaining the safety, quality, and nutritional value of all our products. We dedicate a large amount of personnel and budgetary resources to quality assurance, research and development and quality control.