Wow, time sure flies when you’re protecting the health of the planet 😉. In 2019, we announced our mission to go plastic-free in 2021. We just wanted to take the time to give you a progress update.
What We Have Accomplished Together
In 2020 we saved about 44280 pounds of plastic from going into land fills! How did we manage to do that? With your help, we have taken company-wide initiatives that have lowered our carbon footprint:
- Added an eco-friendly version of our best selling pack: Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation, with less plastic packaging! The products in this 30-day program will nourish and detoxify your body with vegan protein, greens, healthy fats, gut health, organic super fruit and natural colon cleansing support all while helping you serve our plastic-free initiative. The pack comes with a FREE silicone bag to conveniently store your superfoods!
- Eliminated plastic scoops from our product packaging including Power Shake and Can’t Beet This. Shop our food-grade, stainless steel measuring spoons; a great way to scoop and measure your favorite blend while serving the environment. The solid, elongated spoons easily reach into jars and our eco-friendly packaging. Engraved with the Purium leaf, they glisten with the perfect amount of kitchen flare.
- Transitioned our top-selling products powders from plastic tubs to compostable Terra Pouches. Our Daily Fiber Original has joined the plastic-free product family and is only available in Terra Pouch.
- Transitioned our top-selling capsule products from plastic bottles to compostable craft pouches.
- Added Stainless Steel Shake Bottles to our collection. These help you commit to sustainability, lower your carbon footprint, and let you to shake up your favorite Purium superfoods on the go, without the plastic!
What’s more, our corporate offices have eliminated using plastic utensils when possible. Every employee is encouraged to be more mindful of our carbon footprints, opting for environmentally-sustainable alternatives.
As we continue to support the health of both the planet and the people who live on it, we want to set a new goal. Can you help us smash it? We’re hoping to save over 90,000 pounds of plastic waste. How do we hope to get there? Here is what you can expect:
- Eventually transition out of plastic bottles and tubs for all of our products (not just popular ones)
- Continue to pioneer the movement by exploring more sustainable label and product packaging practices
- Partner with YOU to help bring about change
How Can You Help?
Care to join hands with us? You can help bring about change by voting with your dollars (as Purium Co-Founder Dave Sandoval would say). Make sure to opt for our Terra Pouch products when ever possible.
Use this #PuriumHack:
- Keep 1 Purium plastic tub,
- Continue to buy our Terra Pouch products and pour them into the tub. Bury your pouch when done.
- Shop our 12 oz. Glass Mason Jar or Stainless Steel Canisters (available in 26 oz and 64 oz)
- Each mason jar can store a proper serving amount and our 64 oz. canisters hold 1 Terra Pouch of superfood goodness, keeping powders fresh and easily accessible.
Want to learn more creative ways to re-use our plastic tubs? Check out this blog.
Changing your lifestyle to a more plant-based / flexitarian diet with the Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation can help too! Learn more about how you commit to less pollution with your diet by reading this blog.
If you’re really passionate about the topic, we encourage you to watch our Earth Day Zoom Recap with Keely Shaye Brosnan, director of Poisoining Paradise.
Finally, be sure to share this video with your friends to spread the Purium mission of helping reduce the world’s carbon FOODprint and footprint.
Looking for Products?
Want to explore our product selection? Shop here.