Wow, time sure flies when you’re protecting the health of the planet . 😉 We’re already finding ourseles halfway through 2020. Just last year, we announced our mission to go plastic-free in 2021. We just wanted to take the time to give you a progress update.
What We Have Accomplished Together
This year, we have saved over 30,000 pounds of plastic! How did we manage to do that? With your help, we have taken company-wide initiatives that have lowered our carbon footprint:
- Eliminated plastic scoops from our product packaging
- Transitioned our top-selling products powders from plastic tubs to compostable Terra Pouches
- Transitioned our top-selling capsule products from plastic bottles to compostable craft pouches
What’s more, our corporate offices have eliminated using plastic utensils when possible. Every employee is encouraged to be more mindful of our carbon footprints, opting for an enviornmentally-sustainable alternatives.
As we continue to support the health of both the planet and the people who live on it, we want to set a new goal. Can you help us smash it? We’re hoping to save over 90,000 pounds of plastic waste. How do we hope to get there? Here is what you can expect:
- Eventually transition out of plastic bottles and tubs for our products (not just popular ones)
- Continue to pioneer the movement by exploring more sustainable label and product packaging practices
- Partner with YOU to help bring about change
How Can You Help?
Care to join hands with us? You can help bring about change by voting with your dollars (as Purium Co-Founder Dave Sandoval would say). Make sure to opt for our Terra Pouch products when ever possible.
Use this #PuriumHack:
- Keep 1 Purium plastic tub,
- Continue to buy our Terra Pouch products and pour them into the tub. Bury your pouch when done.
Want to learn more creative ways to re-use our plastic tubs? Check out this blog.
Changing your lifestyle to a more plant-based / flexatrian diet with the Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation can help too! Learn more about how you commit to less pollution with your diet by reading this blog.
If you’re really passionate about the topic, we encourage you to watch our Earth Day Zoom Recap with Keely Shaye Brosnan, director of Poisoining Paradise.
Finally, be sure to share this video with your friends to spread the Purium mission of helping reduce the world’s carbon foodprint and footprint.
Looking for Products?
Want to explore our product selection? Shop here.