Did you know our mood is connected to our food? #Food=Mood
Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval dedicated his recent Lifestyle Zoom this topic. If you want to learn more about the nutritional approach to enlightenment, then you’ve come to the right place!
Here is a recap of the Zoom.
Recap – Body, Mind & Spirit
Body & Mind
When we talk about mood, there are 3 hormones that always come to mind. These 3 hormones are serotonin, melatonin and testosterone.
Serotonin and melatonin both support mood, but they perform the most at different times. Serotonin works most during the day while melatonin works most at night.
Interestingly enough, both serotonin and melatonin production are affected by light! And when the two hormones work together, that’s magic for your mood and your entire body.
Here is what we mean by that. You may know that serotonin affects mood, but did you know it also regulates healthy blood thinning and thickening? Pretty cool, right? So, it’s super important that we eat a healthy diet that regulates our hormone levels, for benefits far beyond our mood.
What’s more, these two hormones are connected to tryptophan and testosterone, which are essential for muscle-building and more. Tryptophan helps increase serotonin production. Testosterone is more than just a hormone for muscles, it helps supply your body with life and vitality, helping boost your mood and drive.
Mind & Spirit
90% of serotonin is an endocrine cell layer that is in the lining of the gut. If you experience decreased levels, this can influence depression, mood disorders and even contribute to a higher likelihood of developing drug addictions.
Wow…now that really does leave a sinking feeling in our gut.
What’s more, serotonin also impacts your learning and your memory. Specifically, melatonin also affects memory recall. That is why some people believe if you have a good day, you are more likely to have a good night too. If your serotonin production is healthy, your melatonin could follow in that same direction!
Consequently, less serotonin could lead to less melatonin. And the result could lead to fatigue or mood concerns.
How the Daily Core 4 Helps Bridge the Gap Between Mind, Body & Spirit
Dave Sandoval calls the Daily Core 4 “happiness in a box.” And why is that?
Well, together the Daily Core 4 contains plants that may support boosted mood levels.
- Biome Medic: Biome Medic supports gut repair. By supporting the lining and cell walls that house and produce serotonin, you may feel boosted mood results.
- Power Shake: Green foods help strengthen the endocrine wall where serotonin is produced. Power Shake is complementary to Biome Medic.
- Apothe-Cherry: This tart cherry extract provide melatonin for better sleep, which can lead to a better mood. Plus, antioxidants help heal your gut, thus helping your serotonin levels too!
- Super Amino 23: This plant-based protein source helps supply tryptophan, which support serotonin production.
- BONUS – Super Life: Dave Sandoval recommends Super Life for testosterone support.