This Father’s Day, give good health. Whether your dad’s idea of a good time is yelling at the TV from his Lazy Boy or playing golf with his buddies, Purium stocks premium blends that can help support his health while satisfying his taste buds too. And don’t worry–we’ll stay clear of the green drinks this time!
Find gift ideas for active dads, dads who NEED coffee as soon as they get out of bed and more. Plus, we’ll list out some healthy dinner ideas to help him feast like a king, but not feel like a sloth afterward.
Purium Father’s Day Gift ideas
Superfood gifts may not be conventional, but they can make a difference in the long run. We suggest adding one of our blends in a basket of goodies for the father in your life.
Throw in a gift card to his favorite store, a handwritten note, a Purium Blender bottle, a superfood mix and poof, you’re got a gift basket! Let’s talk about which products to specifically give based on interest.
For Active Dads
For the papas who love exercising and putting shoe-to-the-treadmill day and day out, here’s our recommendations.
- Can’t BEET This!: This super-powered veggie helps fuel workouts. One study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology showed its juice helped participants exercise for longer periods of time, due to oxidation support. (1)
- Coco Hydrate: When you’re out in the sun, it’s easy to get thirsty. Our coconut water blend is blended with mineral salts (similar to our Ionic Elements) to help hydrate and rooibos to help energize. It’s the perfect low-calorie, go-to for exercise support. Some studies suggest rooibos tea can help improve blood pressure and circulation, which helps at the gym. (2)
- MVP Sport: Our protein-packed mix is the obvious gift choice for veteran athletes. With 32 grams of protein from peas, pumpkin and brown rice and adaptogenic herbs for joint support, it’s definitely the gift we would want to unwrap!
For Sleeping Beauties & Coffee Lovers
Listen, we all love sleep. We all can’t be “morning people” and some of us need more shut-eye than others. With that in mind, these Purium products are perfect for the dads who need coffee every morning before they can even say “hi.”
- Apothe-Cherry: Tart cherry extract is great for encouraging better and deeper sleep. With more shut-eye, maybe the father in your life won’t need coffee? But hey, this extract can be mixed into coffee for a fruity infusion too. Just be sure to mix well. (3)
- Rice Bran Solubles: This nutrient-rich part of rice can help support cardiovascular health, among a host of other health benefits. The light, nut buttery taste pairs insanely well with coffee or chocolate milk.
For Dads who Love to Lounge & Hate Greens
Some fathers like to enjoy the good life from their favorite couch spot. A sedentary lifestyle can actually be pretty bad for you, leading to health complications down the road (4). So, we’d appreciate it if you gave him a good push now and then. That’s why we’ve hand-selected these products for the men who like the finer things in life, but aren’t necessarily into “green,” healthy products.
- Cocoa-mint Spirulina: We said no green drinks and this is technically a green drink…but there’s chocolate in it! It’s like an adult version of your kid’s favorite treat, but this one is loaded with antioxidants that help boost immune health and energy. Plus, the powder can be sprinkled on top of popcorn. Perfect for the couch-potato that we know and love!
- Super Meal L.O.V. (Vanilla Chai): This vegan meal replacement contains fiber, antioxidants, immune support, energy and protein. It’s basically convenient nutrition. It can easily be used in brownie recipes and more.
Dinner Ideas to Help Your Dad Feast Like a King
While “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” a modern man probably doesn’t want an artery traffic jam in the process. Yet, if you use crafty nutrition, big plates of edible pleasure is within wholesome reach. Here are some clean tricks to eat BIG without the BAD for this year’s Father’s Day meal!
Grill: Grilling bumps up the flavor of the food your cooking and it doesn’t seal in butter and oils. Plus, it’s easy to clean! If you’re going to use oils, we recommend coconut oil.
Lean Protein: A diet high in protein makes you feel full for longer. If you’re eating meat, go for lean meat. The United States Department of Agriculture defines lean meat as having less than 10 grams of total fat. Try opting for fish, getting those healthy omega fatty acids. The acids support healthy hormone production.
Pure Marinades: Just because you opt for lean proteins like chicken or fish doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor – use herbs, vinegars, and other pure products to boost taste. Things like agave, mustards, ginger, garlic, citrus, and even coconut milk can make for some delicious bases for clean marinades.
Veggie Overload: Vegetables are not a bad thing and there are tons that are so low in calories that your plate can overflow in a good way. Make a few different veggie dishes like a spinach salad, grilled asparagus, and steamed artichokes to help satisfy the starch cravings.
Zoodles: Turn your zucchini into noodles! If you don’t own a spiralizer yet, you might want to grab one ASAP. You can blanch the zoodles in boiling water and plate them with lemon-garlic shrimp, spicy herbed chicken, or citrus grilled salmon.
Dessert: The French say that you should eat something sweet after every meal so your body knows it’s done eating. The thing is, dessert doesn’t have to be Crème Brulee. Plus, sweets come with their own problems, if eaten in excess. So, just be aware. Try using nut based products to add healthy richness and things like agave, honey, cinnamon, cocoa and coconut to sweeten and flavor.
MockTails: You can substitute your Moscow Mule for a refreshing, guilt free drink. Get creative with sparkling water and mint, citrus, fruit, cucumbers, basil, or frozen berries to add a flavorful chill. Try our sweet chiller recipes.
Here 3 of our favorite meals for special occasions, like Father’s Day.
One-Sheet Roasted Garlic Salmon & Broccoli
The name hooked us on this one. So many our favorites in one dish and it can be conveniently be cooked on one-sheet? Easy, peasy! Check out The Natural Nurturer’s recipe.
One-Sheet Roasted Sausage & Brussels Sprouts
Natural Nurturer hit it out the park with this switch-up of the previous ingredient list. Using the same easy cooking method, you can gorge and not feel about it with this recipe.
Charred Lemon Chicken Piccata
Cooking Light provides a recipe that packs the flavor, but not the calories. Plus, most of these ingredients are probably already in your cabinet. Try this recipe.
Happy Father’s Day!
From all of us at Purium, we wish you a Happy Father’s Day!
- Bailey, S. J., Fulford, J., Vanhatalo, A., Winyard, P. G., Blackwell, J. R., DiMenna, F. J., … & Jones, A. M. (2010). Dietary nitrate supplementation enhances muscle contractile efficiency during knee-extensor exercise in humans. Journal of applied physiology, 109(1), 135-148.
- Persson, I. A., Persson, K., Hägg, S., & Andersson, R. G. (2010). Effects of green tea, black tea and Rooibos tea on angiotensin-converting enzyme and nitric oxide in healthy volunteers. Public health nutrition, 13(5), 730-737.
- Howatson, G., Bell, P. G., Tallent, J., Middleton, B., McHugh, M. P., & Ellis, J. (2012). Effect of tart cherry juice (Prunus cerasus) on melatonin levels and enhanced sleep quality. European journal of nutrition, 51(8), 909-916.
- González, K., Fuentes, J., & Márquez, J. L. (2017). Physical inactivity, sedentary behavior and chronic diseases. Korean journal of family medicine, 38(3), 111.