When you go to the grocery store and choose an item from the shelf, you expect it to be safe to eat. Unfortunately there can be recalls and issues with all types of food from all aisles, including the fresh produce and meats, which can pose serious health threats. In order to keep ourselves and our families safe, we need to stay “in the know” when it comes to these recalls. One thing you can do, is stay current with the FDA‘s food list that can provide recall information. Another way to lower the risk of buying harmful food is to purchase certified organic. It may not completely eliminate the risk but it will significantly lower it.
- A few of Sargento Foods’ cheese products are being recalled due to potential contamination of Listeria, an infection typically caused by consuming bacteria-contaminated food.
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Private Selection has recalled their Salted Caramel Chocolate Almond Pie due to eggs and almonds being in it and not declared on the ingredients list.
- Choice Farms has recalled their stuffed mushrooms due to potential Listeria contamination:
- Traditional Gourmet Portabella Mushroom- Lot #12041000/ UPC #7-17524-72470
- Pizza style Portabella Mushroom- Lot #12041000/UPC #7-17524-72471
- Stuffed Mushroom tray- Lot #12041000/UPC #7-17524-72469
Make sure to frequently check the FDA Recalls website to keep yourself “in the know”!