Most of us consume caffeine regularly. Whether it’s a morning cup of Joe or an energizing soda for an afternoon pick-me-up, the USA consume the largest amount of caffeine averaging 971 tons per year. In fact, Health Research Funding claims that 54% of Americans get their caffeine fix daily. Out of that 54% of adult American caffeine consumers, a majority of them drink approximately 3 cups a day.
This means Americans are overloading their bodies with coffee, soda, energy drinks and even chocolate.
So, why should you care?
Surprisingly, there are pros and cons to drinking it. It depends on how you drink it and how much you drink. A cup of organic coffee with almond milk and coconut oil is obviously going to provide you with more benefits than a canned sugary energy drink. Just like one cup of that organic coffee isn’t as much as a threat as a whole pot of generic brand coffee.
- Improves memory
- Decreases fatigue
- May fight free radicals
- Caffeine Crash
- Imbalances the alkaline in your mouth (makes it more acidic)
- Temporarily increases blood pressure
- Dependence: Symptoms of dependence include insomnia, nervousness, irregular heartbeat, and nervousness
- Addictive: Caffeine is considered a drug therefore it can become very addictive and you could have withdrawal symptoms when trying to quit consuming it.
- Weight gain (depending on what you put in your coffee or what type of caffeine you’re consuming
NEED AN ALTERNATIVE?
Not ready to let go of your daily fix? Try Purium’s White American Ginseng Extract boosts energy, improves mental focus, helps aid in stress management, may assist healthy immune function, may balance blood sugar, and may promote healthy aging. And the best part? No cons.