The kids are out of school, you have a few days off of work, and you’re ready to relax and spend time with the family but what are you going to do with all this time to get into that Christmas spirit? We have a few suggestions that are either inexpensive or free for some quality time celebrating the holiday with the family!
- Look at Christmas lights (and a game to go with it)! There is always that one neighborhood that is covered in lights and decorations. Bundle up, drive there and park your car, then walk through the neighborhood! You can even make it into a game for the kids. Make a list of things you’d see (a nativity scene, reindeers, snowmen, all white lights, Christmas wreath, etc.) and have the kids and you check it off as you see them! Whoever finds everything first, wins! They can pick the movie to watch that night.
- Christmas movie night! We all have a favorite Christmas movie (or maybe a few). Pop your own organic popcorn in our Organic Tropic Oil and lightly salt with Himalayan sea salt and enjoy while watching the movie.
- Visit Santa! Santa Claus is always in the mall waiting for kids to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas.
- Go ice skating! This is always great fun and exercise for kids and adults! There should be an indoor or outdoor place near you.
- Make your own ornaments out of homemade playdough! All you’ll need is 1 cup flour, ½ table salt, ½ cup water, and a few drops of peppermint essential oil or extract (for a festive scent)! Use cookie cutters to make the Christmas shapes that you want, put a hole in the top for the ribbon, and leave them out to harden and then let the kids paint them!