Ahhhh, December. We love the crisp cool air, the colorful leaves, and the snowy nights by the fireplace. But with the good, comes the ugly…dry skin! Keep reading for a 6 tips to take care of your skin in the cold weather:
- Moisturize! That light summer lotion isn’t going to cut it anymore! You are going to need something thicker to moisturize your way through the cold season. Purium’s Bio cream makes an excellent choice because it is thick without being too greasy.
- Sunscreen. Even though you may think sunscreen is only useful in the summer, you should always protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. In fact, when the sun reflects off of the snow or water you can get an even worse sunburn! Make sure you get a non-toxic “green” version. (Also, make sure you do get SOME sun. The best way to get vitamin D is by putting your face and palms of your hands towards the sun for 10 – 15 minutes a day.) And, add Purium’s Super Xanthin to your daily regimen to help protect you from harmful rays.
- Hydrate! Our favorite hydration libation for the winter is warm water with lemon. That way we can hydrate while still staying warm and cozy.
- Eat fruits and veggies. Plants are loaded with water, plus a bunch of nutrients and antioxidants to keep your immune system in good shape. It’s a win-win situation! Having lots of fresh pesticide-free veggies and fruit through the winter can sometimes be hard, especially in areas that do not have year round farmers’ markets. Purium makes it easy with Power of 10 Veggie, Organic Best of Greens, and the Apple-Berry Power Shake…to name a few good options ;).
- Lube Your Lips! Keeping your lips from being chapped is important. Find a coconut or avocado oil based chapstick that will protect your lips from windburn.
- Get a humidifier. Sleeping with a humidifier on will not only help keep your skin moist, it will also prevent nose bleeds and help with sore throats and other cold/flu symptoms.