It happens every year. The falling of leaves and shorter days can give way to a groggy, tired-sadness. Despite the lovely scent of pumpkin spice everything (or maybe because of it), a certain negativity can slowly creep up on us with the seasonal shift. Did you know there’s an actual scientific explanation for this?
“The blues” one might experience during this time of the year is referred to as seasonal affective disorder or SAD for short (oh, the irony!). The change in weather can even alter your appetite and energy-levels. And, for those who may endure depression or other mental illnesses regularly, SAD may make those symptoms worse.
During the fall and winter time, the sun does not come out as often (for some of us, at least). This lack of sunlight can have effects on our body and brain chemistry:
- It can disrupt circadian rhythm, the body’s internal clock that helps regulate sleep patterns. A disruption can affect energy levels throughout the day and sleep consistency.
- It can lead to a decrease in serotonin levels. A reduced amount of Serotonin, a brain neurotransmitter that affects your mood, can trigger negative thoughts or even depression. Low levels can also spark irritability and poor decision making.
- It can cause a decrease in melatonin levels. Melatonin is another body chemical that affects sleep patterns and mood.
In order to help ward off negative thoughts and manage our mental health, it’s important to balance our brain and body chemistry. There are different pills and medications that claim to help, but carry varying risks.
Why not opt for the natural route instead?
Our new Good Mood Pack is designed with a number for target-functioning natural phytochemicals that can help. The pack works to increase production of melatonin, serotonin, testosterone and GABA (a neurotransmitter that has been proven to affect negative thoughts).
The Good Mood Pack contains some of our best products:
- Biome Medic: To help boost suppressed levels of serotonin caused by a compromised gut and even prevent compulsive eating
- Apothe-Cherry, made from tart cherries: To increases serotonin, melatonin and testosterone, leading to higher energy levels and overall elevated mood. Melatonin can also help you sleep deeper, leading to an overall happier mood.
- Super Life: To boost testosterone and give you that extra push
- FREE CHILL Spray (only for a limited time!): To help stabilize mood, promote relaxation and smother out negative thoughts with GABA and SunTheanine chemicals
Together, these ingredients work to keep you mentally healthy. And don’t worry, the Good Mood Pack can be used year-round to promote those feel good hormones, and keep you happy and healthy.
Find out more about SAD:
Find out more about GABA: