Dave has made it his life mission to change the world for the better. From the nutrition and the environment to domestic violence and poverty, Dave has advocated on behalf of many causes. As a radio host in New York, he fought to ban Trans Fats and today New York is one of the only states that has implemented that law. He’s invited people into his home to personally help them get healthy, lose weight or achieve their goals. And, through his mentorship program, he has inspired all kinds of people, including celebrities, to get out into the world and make a difference.
Believing in the importance of healing one’s own community, they made it a point to specifically recruit people who had experienced struggle and had a desire to turn over a new leaf.
Dave and Amy also make it a point to support a variety of causes, outside of Purium:
– Micro-loans that helped 200 Thai rice farmers reject Monsanto and embrace organic practices
– Scholarships for inner-city kids that support local education and nurture the young people to elevate their communities
– Ongoing support to a local shelter for victims of domestic violence
– Funds to found Long Beach’s first-ever women’s basketball team
– Rice Bran Solubles to a no-kill horse rescue farm
– Superfoods for victims of natural disasters, like Hurricane Harvey and Irma