Ahh, fall is in the air. Even if you don’t live somewhere there the leaves change color, the season change can get anyone in the mood for warm comfort food. Satisfy that craving and keep your health on track with this vegan pumpkin chili recipe.
(Recipe by The Glowing Fridge with modifications)
- In a big pot, heat up the coconut oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the bell peppers, cook another 5 minutes. Add in the canned tomatoes, beans, pumpkin, vegetable broth and spices (excluding the lime until the end). Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a slight boil, turn down heat and cover to let simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Serve and add toppings.