If you are an athlete, gearing up for a 10-Day Transformation or just seeking daily health, you may keep hearing the word “flex” a lot. It doesn’t matter if you work out 3 hours a day or use our products for daily nutritional convenience, Flex Foods, Flex Beverages and Flex Meals will support any healthy lifestyle – one of the reasons why they’re called “flex.” These foods are a base to stay committed to clean eating and a helpful guide that will steer you and your whole family further away from processed foods.
FLEX FOODS/FLEX BEVERAGES: When doing a cleanse, Flex Foods and Flex Beverages are a saving grace. Although only 3 per day are allowed (not including cucumbers and celery that are unlimited), these real plant foods will bring an extra dose of joy during the routine 10 days. An avocado will fill you up, cucumbers will satisfy the need for a snack and kombucha can feel like a treat. You don’t have to be on a cleanse to incorporate these Flex Foods/Beverages into your everyday life. These foods and beverages are low in calories and have a low glycemic index, so anyone can benefit from turning to a Flex Food/Beverage for a snack or combine a few for a meal!
FLEX MEALS: Maintaining daily health requires real food. And, for athletes, the more you burn, the more your appetite demands. Instead of refueling your body with something processed, why not reward yourself with beneficial food? Flex Meals are sure to satisfy, without compromising your health. Healthy foods can be convenient, but prep is key and a little creativity can go a long way!
Here’s a few Flex Meal ideas to get you started:
Baked Egg in Avocado
This is a great breakfast idea to get your day started with protein, good fats, and omega-3s!
- Ripe organic avocado
- 2 cage-free eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped organic chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out enough of the center to fit eggs nicely.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. You can wrap the bottom in foil to avoid falling over.
- Carefully crack an egg into each avocado half.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season with pepper, salt, and chives. Enjoy!
Chimichurri Chicken with Quinoa
Filling and guaranteed to satisfy! This recipe can be easily found on our blog.
Vegan Mexican Meal in an Avocado
- 2/3 cup cooked organic black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped organic cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- 2 thinly diced organic green onions
- 1 ripe organic avocado, cut in half with pit removed
- In a bowl, combine beans, carrots, cilantro, salsa, and green onion.
- Option to warm up bean mixture on stove top.
- Fill each avocado half with mixture.
One Skillet Salmon with Asparagus and Quinoa
One skillet meals make for easy cleaning and lots of flavor. Check out this recipe on our blog.