Athletic Performance,Challenges,Family,Goal Setting,Motivation,Outdoors,Sports,Stretches,Weight Loss,Workouts
3 May , 2017
5 Reasons to Workout Outside
According to a study done by Journal of Environmental Psychology, outdoors physical exercise has “an overall positive effect on vitality, aliveness, energy, and decreased anger” among a slew of other benefits! Let’s dive, run, or slide into 5 reasons why you should ACTIVATE to AWESOME in the sun!
- Vitamin D – This vitamin is a good friend to bones, weight loss and mood elevation. So, soak up that essential fat-soluble vitamin as you go for a bike ride or long hike. However, be sure to cover up with an all-natural sunscreen first though!
- Lifts your mood – Between the Vitamin D and beautiful scenery, people who workout outside are 50% happier than spending time in the gym, according to Telegraph. Fresh air and sunshine do wonders for your soul.
- It’s more enticing – It’s a lot easier (and more fun) to go on a walk, bike ride, or swim with the family after a long work day than being stuck in a gym with head-phone-plugged strangers on a stationary machine. Fitness experts say that you should incorporate a variety of fitness routines, if you really want to be in good shape. It also prevents boredom!
- Burns more calories – Environmental challenges such as hills, wind and temperature can cause you to burn more. Maybe the indoors are actually preventing you from losing those extra calories!
- Saves money– Gym memberships aren’t cheap but a hike outside is free!