There is nothing like an outdoor workout. Skiing in the winter, riding your bike on a sunny day or running in the morning before hot summer heat peaks. Rainy days, however, are not very conducive to getting your sweat on outside. And, even though those dreary days can inspire a lazy, movie day, there are still plenty of ways to get your fitness fix in before curling up on the couch.
Just choose a few of these activities and create your own, in-home, circuit training session:
- Plank pose: This full body pose targets all your muscle groups from calves to core to shoulders. How long can you hold it? 30 seconds, 1 minute…what about 4 minutes? If you can’t hold it very long, don’t worry! Just keep trying multiple times.
- Stairs: Do you have stairs in your house? Or just a step stool? Keep time on your phone (1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes per rep, depending on your fitness level).
- Deep lunges: In a hallway, take a deep lunge forward with your right foot and as you rise, bring your left leg up, past your right and lunge deep with your left foot. Keep going until the hallway ends and turn around for more.
- Squats: Down and up. Reps can be 5, 10, 20 or more in a set!
- High knee pumps: Depending on your fitness level, you can move slower or faster. Just keep moving for 1 minute, 2 minutes or 3 minutes at a time!
- DANCE! Put your favorite dance music on and bounce around, wave your arms in the air and shake those hips!
- Cleaning: Why not kill two birds with one stone? Vacuum, mop, reach up high, bend down low and feel the burn as you go.
If you are finding it extra difficult to motivate, Revive-It-All is a perfect, all-natural supplement to help (and it’s on PLC special this month)!