We’re approaching the end of the year and there’s a little chill in the air. As the holidays approach, it’s nearly impossible not to crave those warm comfort foods! Lucky for you, you can have these foods while also staying on track with your health-driven lifestyle. If you don’t believe us, then believe this creamy, but guilt-free fall favorite that is sure to please all family members!
Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese
(Recipe from veganyumminess.com with edits from Purium)
- 10 ounces dried whole wheat organic macaroni
- 1 cup peeled & diced organic yellow potatoes
- ¼ cup peeled & diced organic carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped organic onion
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raw organic cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1 pinch organic paprika
- Cook macaroni al dente, according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place macaroni mixture in a baking dish, sprinkle with Purium Activated Barley & sea salt, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
If you are not using a high-speed blender for this recipe, it is recommended to soak your cashews for at least 30 minutes before.