Teaching your kids how to properly wash their face and body can be quite a task. Especially since most kids are scared of getting the water and/or soap in their eyes. Having an all-natural cleansing face wipe is the best way to start. This will also help show your child the dirt that has built up on their face throughout the day!
Step 1: Buy all-natural face cleansing wipes or make your own! (Super simple instructions below.)
Step 2: Show your child how to wipe his or her face by doing it to yourself first. Then hand them their own wipe!
Step 3: Look at the wipes and explain to them about why it’s important to get all that icky dirt off of their faces.
Step 4: Compare wipes! This may seem gross to you but your kids will love seeing the difference between their wipe and yours.
After your child becomes more comfortable with washing his or her face, then you can start using kid-friendly facial soaps in the bath or shower.
Below are the simple instructions for homemade face wipes. Enjoy! 🙂
What you need:
- Washable cloth
- Purium Organic Tropic (coconut) Oil
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Essential Oil (lavender is a good calming one)
How you make them:
- Mix 1 part organic apple cider vinegar to 4 parts water. Add essential oil. Dip the washable cloth in the mixture lightly and wipe down face.
- Rinse out washable cloth and dip in Purium’s Organic Tropic Oil to moisturize and cleanse.